Are you aware of the great conjunction that will be happening in December ?

On December 21st 45 minutes after sunset you should be able to see Saturn and Jupiter close to each other. We haven’t seen this since 1623.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

this could be a bad sign, prepare for calamity

• 2 months ago

Yes, the Planets do amazing things 24-7 during my Birthday mentioned. while we enjoy being ourselves....

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Lees hope they don’t collide.

• 2 months ago

I can see Saturn and Jupiter in town and not the greatest for star gazing.

This will hang around a while, so on a clear evening, would be a go.

They will be closest together on the 21st Dec, but you wont see much change give or take a week.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

chat-questions are not allowed here

• 2 months ago

I've been watching for a few months; they've been fairly close (as viewed from Earth) for awhile; Mars was grouped with them not too long ago as well. Pretty dang cool... 

• 2 months ago

Pure nonsense.  Saturn is hundreds of millions of kilometers beyond Jupiter, so the fact they appear near one another from our viewpoint is meaningless.  Might as well decide whether they ever look close in the sky from Mars or Venus.

• 2 months ago

Yes, that would be the day when the sun set as the lowest of the low on its horizon or Lat 23.5 South.

• 2 months ago

no, I'm not aware of that.

And they are not close to each other, it just appears that they are.

online:

Jupiter and Saturn are getting closer, as they near their once-in-20-years conjunction on December 21, 2020. At their closest, they’ll be only 0.1 degrees apart. That’s just 1/5 of a full moon diameter.

• 2 months ago

Maybe if the sky is clear I'll look at it with my telescope.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.