Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

to this day i think the jim jones thing was a hoax, but there were real camps that were bad that time?

lot of people said they were good christian people. I have some friends from guyana.

it was kind of a cautionary thing against communes.

Update:

there are still people from his church still doing red cross things there.

Update 2:

apologies sir.

I meant to say there were bad camps that time

but these people looked so nice and friendly and dressed correctly in videos..I dont know.

i wasnt sure

Update 3:

they had like every race under that tent so happy...it makes no sense.

sorry again. best regards

Update 4:

he did not look like a godman at all swhich is shocking cuz he shared the mic soo much. i still cant believe.

Update 5:

anyways bye.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It wasn't a hoax. US Congressman Leo Ryan, and others, were murdered there on orders from Jim Jones. Current US Congresswoman Jackie Speier was an aid to Ryan at the time, she was there also, she was shot 5 times but survived.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4761690/jackie-spei...

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Jim Jones was the bad guy. He duped his followers into believing he was good and the government people investigating his camp were bad, and that they would hurt them if they did not kill themselves. Perhaps many of them did not know they had drunk poison.

His followers were not bad, but naive about their leader. They trusted him. 

• 2 months ago

It was not a hoax!

Not all of his followers died or were at that compound.

His "evil" was not shared by those that followed him. So of course there could be some of his followers doing red cross things (good) there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.