Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Why does my 100% fruit juice have a cancer warning?

Imagine seeing this when you're about to drink it...

What the hell is it and where is the ingredients list? It could be a cigarette pack for all we know

Because your 100% fruit juice also has added preservatives that can cause cancer - but only in California - so if you don't live in California - you'll be fine.

Just joking - but to be more serious - read ALL the ingredients.  There is probably some kind of chemical additive in the juice that has been found to cause cancer in lab rats.  The state of California is very hyper attentive to all cancer related studies and puts these kinds of warning labels on just about everything.  

I work in a soap factory and there was one of the soaps that we made that had to have this kind of information added to the labeling so that it could be sold in  California.  

Because juices do contain cancer causing carcinogens.

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-safety/arseni...

When everything is illegal or has a warning, you just might be in California.

I'm not sure of the exact law but those labels exist because someone wrote a law to put it on there. My best guess on the exact situation is the jar has BPA. BPA being one of the items that must be labeled in said law.

Nail polish remover, some food products, and various firearm accessories are also banned in California. But they enough cars and cellphones to pick up the slack of hindered bathroom cabinet druggies, carcinogens, and shooters.

• kelvin

not for the juice it's for the package