Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Do you think that anyone is going to listen to these stupid rules over the Christmas/New Year period? ?

Most people I know aren't paying much attention to these ridiculous guidelines and I can't imagine most people calling off their Christmas/New Year celebrations.

https://www.rt.com/news/507774-europe-adjust-covid...

• ?

You have to obey everything. 

I think the sensible people will listen. The idiots will carry on as they have been doing and putting themselves and others in danger. It won't be much use being sorry afterwards.

Boris is calling for the application of "common sense". Fat chance of that in his nation of chavs and gammons!

• Hmm. I heard those holidays are canceled this year.

Young people in particular won't obey the rules which is one reason why I won't be visiting pubs in the evening, but may do so during the afternoon on working days for a meal with my family providing they aren't busy. 

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday would be preferable.

• ?

I won’t be travelling to see any family this Christmas, especially since many are in their 70s and 80s. I’ll wait, hopefully see them in the summer and for many Christmases to come.

I’m not going to contribute to making this Christmas their last.

A few will take them seriously but most people will ignore them. They are ridiculous but then again so are all the other guidelines and restrictions. The lockdowns and Tiers have done nothing to stop the rate of infections and won't until the schools, colleges and universities close for end of term. The 10:00pm curfew made this worse and now it has been changed to 11:00pm ( for those in the South I bet. The North will remain stitched up) it will be no different. The whole thing is a farce.