Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

How to like Avatar?

Everyone says it's such a great movie but I really didn't care for it, but I want to fit in so I have to like it, but it's also wrong to lie.  So how can I like it so I can be like everybody else?

• Mike W

You're not required to like it, if you don't think that it's a good movie.  Apart from the scenery, there isn't anything there that hasn't been done before, and done better.  The movie has been compared to Dances With Wolves in space, which seems pretty accurate.  Actor Wes Studi appears in both movies.  The movie even steals from Rocky and Bullwinkle.  Instead of calling the element Upsidaisium, they call it Unobtanium.  

"I really don't care for it, but I want to fit in", that attitude is what's wrong. However, just the CGI makes that movie worth watching.

You SHOULDN'T like it.  It was a lame movie.  Hugely overrated.  First of all, the story was a blatant ripoff.  Second, the characters were all very boring and the actors portrayed them unconvincingly.  The only strong element was the CG action.