Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Why are the nicest places to live in Britain not very "diverse" or "multicultural"?

Could it possibly be that most people prefer to live amongst their own kind, and are not too fond of regular theft, drug dealing, gang warfare, acid attacks, Pakistani paedophile gangs, terrorism, etc etc?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8985301/S...

• ?

British people love to have their own kind of people. They ard close to being white. 

• ?

The countryside is not always the best place to live. I was watching a documentary about a place called Midsomer. The murder rate is horrific.

Of course, soon after the last days of World War 2 had played out in parts of the world, only to be camped up by Hollywood decades later, the fifth Pan-African Congress was held in Manchester in mid-October 1945. At the time, there were many of African descent (who were resident in Manchester) that got involved, with but Afro-Caribbeans and Afro-Americans making their voices heard. The main British media at the time - especially the Manchester Guardian didn't even bother mentioning the Congress...it was the arrival of the immigrants three years later which gained interest - but for different reasons altogether.

Someone here who chooses to remain anonymous claims, the nicest place to live in Britain is anywhere but Britain, the person who made that claim is a twit because there must be a lot worst places on the map, for Britain continues to see large numbers of immigrants, illegal immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers  

The nicest place to live in Britain is anywhere but Britain. 

You didn’t even say what some of these supposedly nicest places are, let alone argue for your idealised description of them.

What is considered “nice” is entirely subjective. After living in a Norfolk village for a year, I was relieved to get back to a town. I loved the buzz of cities when I was young, now I prefer trees,

If you think living in some postcard village in a time warp is nice, lots of people would disagree with you.

I was brought up in what is technically a dump, but I loved it there. The people were great and I have never got used to the English who don’t talk to you, or the boring English pubs where there isn’t some political debate or community singing going on. I’d go back there if I didn’t have so many ties to England.

I still have my trees.

I rather like a Yorkshire town not overly visited by tourists and outlanders, Beverley.

That slight element of risk is why I love multiculturalism, who wants to live in a clone bubble

Must be just a coincidence.

They surely don’t know what they are missing.....the locals, that is.