Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

should i just give my kitten tuna to eat? ?

I’m out of kitten food and  she is annoying me for breakfast, to be honest I don’t feel like driving 30 miles to just to get some, plus i have to work from home, but i do have quite a few cans of tuna left,  so can i just give my kitten tuna until i can get over there in the next few days? 

• PR

A couple meals may be fine, but if it were me, I would go by this evening to get some cat food. Get both canned and dry. If you continue to feed the tuna keep in mind that kitty may turn his/her nose up at normal cat food. 

Cats do best on a mix of canned, dry, and water. A lot less barfing occurs and just settles best in their stomach.

• Robin

All my cats for the past 50 years have only ate tinned tuna

Your cat will be fine with a meal or two of tuna, assuming that the tuna is packed and water and not in vegetable oil.  While tuna alone for several meals will not give your cat all nutrients its needs, a meal or two of tuna is not going to hurt the cat.  And she will probably love it.