? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

Jealosy in love is good or evil?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Good and evil is black and white.  The issue is not black or white.  IF you are jealous that your wife is in an adulterous relationship, it is understandable.  It is the adulterous relationship that is wicked, not the jealousy of the spouse.  This was the case of God having a jealous love for Israel, who gave their allegiance to idols.

• 2 months ago

Interesting that the Bible, which says that God is love, also says that he is a jealous god.  So the two are not mutually exclusive.

I would hope that if I loved someone, I would have some jealousy towards them, in that I would want to protect our relationship together.  Keep that person way from harmful influences from others.  But there is also a balance where you get obsessional jealous, isolating the person and become overly possessive of the them.

Like with anything, there are good traits to it and bad tratis to it.  there has to be a balance in it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Natural. But what you do with it is either good or evil. Some people are jealous over people they aren't even with. Some people act violently with them or whoever they see as a perpetrator. So it's a deeper natural instinct than just good or evil. As a Christian I know that God gets jealous. And there is no evil in him, he reacts jealously when someone is courting his people with something else. 

• Mark
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Evil, since it means that you do not trust your partner.  If you feel confident in a relationship, then there is no reason to be jealous.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Jealousy is destructive.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's stupid if you have a solid relationship.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.