There is no such thing as dying twice according to religion. Correct?
- Favourite answer
For some religions: false.
For some religions: true.
- Anonymous2 months ago
The Holy Bible describes two deaths for the wicked and unbelieving. First the body, and then the spirit in the lake of fire, aka "the second death."
Revelation 21:8 KJV — But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 2:11 KJV — He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
- 2 months ago
King James Version Bible
2 John Chapter 1
3. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
John Chapter 6
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Revelation Chapter 21
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the SECOND DEATH.
Isaiah Chapter 5
14. Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
15. And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:
16. But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.
Matthew Chapter 13
41. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Revelation Chapter 20
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the SECOND DEATH.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- Anonymous2 months ago
To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. That simple. When a person dies, they will be in heaven or hell, and they can't get out of hell if that is where they go. To go to heaven and not go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your works. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all our sins, and who resurrected from the dead. See Romans 4:5 and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Jim VLv 72 months ago
No, that is not correct.
Christians understand that there are what we call 'two deaths'.
The first being the death of the body.
The second being the separation of the soul from God.
The first cannot be avoided.
The second need not happen as Christ has made reconciliation with God possible.
- SnowbirdLv 62 months ago
Incorrect. The first death is physical death. The second death is spiritual death. The second death is mentioned at least 3 times in the book of Revelation - Revelation 20:6 20:14 21:8
- MalcolmLv 72 months ago
The "second death" is in Revelation 20:6.
- AaronLv 72 months ago
I think we all only depart from this life once.
wrong ALL THE dead will COME UP TO EITHER RAPTURE OR JUDGMENT...UNsaved will die again.