? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Are fruits very expensive in the US?

Fruits have an affordable price. 

Define "expensive."

Fruits and vegetables grown near the point of sale are often bargains--but prices rise as you get farther from the farm or orchard.

So in a recent move, I went from cheap apples to more expensive apples--but cheaper potatoes (and dairy products). I used to live where citrus was really cheap.

US shoppers can usually get much better prices than grocery stores offer by shopping at farmers markets, farm stands, or joining a co-op that gets boxed produced all season long.

Healthy food is more expensive than junk food in the US. Why do you think obesity has become the norm?

They are for me. People in my economic strata have to eat it out of cans (vegetables too). But no big deal, it's only 150 million Americans who are forced to eat garbage, so that billionaires can evade taxes.

• yay

Not really, unless you buy organic. Even then, it's not that expensive. 

• ?

some stores are higher than others...they do have sales.

• .

Not particularly.  I've heard that one avocado costs like $5 in Australia.