Can I Close My Checking Account With Money In It?

Hello, 

So today I transferred $1back into my checking account and since I am closing it next week, due to overspending to much, I want to know if it’s okay to close my checking account at Wells Fargo and that it has money in it. Thank you. Plus I had $0 before. Now I transferred $1.00 from another app I make cash on and I also want to know if they won’t charge me if the $0 is the balance and the next couple of days I will have a dollar. I had to pay -8.32 the other day and now I don’t owe the bank anything. But they won’t charge me for putting money back into my checking account after I have paid for the overdraft yesterday. Just wondering since I am new at banking. I am never having a checking account again. To stressful to understand. 

Will they charge me if I put the 1.00 back into my checking account after I had paid the -$8.32 cents? That was the overdraft I had to pay yesterday. Just wondering since I am new at banking stuff. 

Until you understand how those work,  it's probably best to be cash only. 

No fees unless you overdraw. Leave a zero or 1 cent balance and close it. I did that with a credit union & told them to keep the penny. They couldn't. The sent me a check.