Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Is YAHOO ANSWERS the 'thought police'??...?

I tried answering a question but it gets shadow-banned, then I rephrase it 12 TIMES before it finally posts and goes public! What's that about? (My answer wasn't even controversial and there were no ill intentions in my thoughts, no thanks to the 'thought police' here, prior to posting!)

• .

No. Nor is there any such thing as "shadow banning" here. The spam filter sometimes catches posts (mobile and desktop devices alike). It's an ongoing bug in the system, for years now. For questions, moving the question to another category, waiting a few seconds, and moving it back where it belongs, usually causes it to become visible. If that doesn't work, try adding an update.

.

It happens to answers sometimes too. If that happens to you, do some editing to your answer, it will probably show up (sometimes it won't). Sometimes an answer will post and be visible but you edit it, and that causes it to disappear (further editing usually fixes it). This has been going on for quite a while now, and is very annoying. Users often don't realize their posts aren't being seen by others. It happens to me a lot, if I edit a post or try include certain links.

• ?

If by Thought Police you mean something Opinion Related those type of Questions or Answers are not Allowed on here per YA Community Guidelines

https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guideline...

• LAN

Only idiots keep claiming to be shadow banned.  Yahoo is all automated so their is no one running the show to do it.  So stop spamming this idiocy over and over.   Being anonymous doesn't do any good if you never learn to stop posting the same idiocy over and over.

• Zirp

There's no such thing as "shadow-banning". VERIZON clearly is not willing to hire more personnel than absolutely necessary. That's why nobody is fixing the glitches

• ?

somehow i doubt that with the phrasing of this question.

with that said, i'll try to POST a question sometimes, but it won't show up in the category page.  i'll see it in my profile, but not in the page until i change it to another category and back to the orginal.  

You either had a bad link or language that the filter is catching or you are posting in mobile mode, instead of desktop mode. Without you linking to the past, we can not help you.

Oh please! We know you had ill intentions... hence the shadow banning!

(Knock it off with your offensive thoughts! Yahoo can read your thoughts now).