Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My brother's gf has COVID. I want her to leave but my parents won't kick her out?

My brother and his gf live in an apartment on my parent's property. His gf tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. I told my parents to kick them out so we won't get infected but they won't; just because they're in a separate building and they pay rent. They're not concerned because she's quarantining, but I'm afraid for myself and my family. There's no where else I can go. What can I do to get them to leave

• ?

i would leave her alone, she needs to stay somewhere

DON'T TRY TO GET HIM LEAVE!! that's just selfish! if he left where would he go? He would have no money and no home! he would probably die or get kidnapped! are you crazy!? he is a member of your family and because he got covid you try to make him leave the house and live on the street!? with all due respect, that behaviour is just selfish and rude.

It's not your property. You have no say.

dumb not possible

If she’s in a different apartment and quarantined, you have nothing to worry about. Stay away as long as it takes for her to get better but if you’re not at any risk, then there is no reason to kick someone out of their home while their sick and have enough worries 

You'll be fine as you're living separately from her and not even in the same building. And where could she and your bro possibly go? That's not fair on them, is it? And at least she's paying her own way and contributing. 

So I personally don't see why it's your problem.

• ?

If she has a lease and is paying rent your parents can't legally kick her out just because she's sick. If she's not even in the same building as you you probably need to chill out a little bit. Yes, COVID-19 can be serious and even fatal in some people. But unless you've got a myriad of preexisting conditions you're at less risk than even your own parents are. 

A person in the next apartment will not give you COVID if you stay away from them. To throw them out would be cruel.

• Carmen

Hello concerned one it's understandable to be afraid this Pandemic is affecting and taking lives world wide on many levels. Just pray her being quarantined and in a separate place from you and your family is safety enough. Try to be understanding patient and loving and put the shoe on the other foot if you were in that same situation would you want your parents to put you out of their place because you got infected with the virus? Keep taking safety measures yourself and try to keep a calm heart and your peace of mind. This to shall pass. 

• Rick

Nothing.  They have to choose to do it for themselves.  And since your parents are protecting/supporting their decision to stay, they're not motivated to leave.