Sam asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Will I go to prison (uk)?

So pretty much I’m 19, nearly 20, live in Devon and my ex boyfriend of 1 year and a half, has had me charged with assault. We were together and he was in my property and we were arguing over the cleaning, I suffer with terrible mental health issues and we ended up fighting and not realising how sharp my nails were I cut his neck and spat at him to try and deter him to get off me, I also hit him on the Policeman’s body cam after he rang the police, I’m very distressed by this stage and this was after he smashed my £200 TV (which I have reported as criminal damage to 101) and I have since been arrested, kept in custody overnight and brought into Magistrates Court and bailed until January 4th with conditions of no contact with my ex, I have blocked him on all social media and stuff, I have no friends in my area and I loved him so much but I don’t understand why I behave like this? I feel so Dissociative from everything and he seems to think it might be from recent drug misuse. Probation requested an adjourn and they have requested a mental health report from the Solicitor who is going to contact my GP, I have since had a call from their mental health man who has asked my GP to refer me to a specialist service since my needs are to complex. I only have one previous conviction from when I was 17 which is also common assault.

Will I go to prison? Or just get fined? I have borderline personality disorder, depression and anxiety which was mentioned in the court hearing today. Help:(

1 - Yes, you are going to go to jail;

2 - No, you won't just get fined;

3 - No one cares about your apparently untreated mental health issues;

4 - "Not realizing how sharp [your] nails were" you spat at him?  What's the connection?

• ?

Yes you are going to gaol 

• Maxi

Already asked and answered!