Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Can I write a note to my child's school asking that the guidance counselor not be allowed to see my child?

I feel like she asks my child things that are prying and tries to get involved in my home. I never authorized this woman to talk to my child.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

The school 'should' inform you of any issues with your child. I dictated to the school my children went to several times.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You absolutely can. You can also talk to the principal as well. 

• 2 months ago

Yes, but don't be shocked when CPS comes to your house.

• 2 months ago

You can, yes, but that may raise some eyebrows that there's a reason you do not want your child talking to the guidance counselor. Also, if your child is fourteen years old or older, they can seek medical or mental health care without your permission. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Look up the legal term "in loco parentis" and you'll find out what the school and all its staff are to your child. They do not NEED your authorization.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I never authorized this woman to talk to my child."   Yes you did - by enrolling your child in the school.

• 2 months ago

Usually a counselor will only ask out of concern or if the child has something he/she wants to tell. 

I doubt that the counselor would want to know about you household UNLESS he/she feels the child is being abused or in a dangerous situation. Do you know the counselor personally? And why are you suspicious? 

I would say you talk to the counselor yourself about any concerns. 

• 2 months ago

Absolutely not.  Clearly you're an abuser or a troll.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.