? asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why is dogs barking at night the only noise problem with neighbors?

I live in the most nosiest neighborhood all the neighbors make all noises during the day. but if  their dog barks at night that's the only thing that you can legally do something about why? why is it just that? 

In MY Town unreasonable noise during the day CAN and IS controlled by the Police.  Have you talked to the Police?

I had a problem with a neighbor complaining about my dogs barking, he filed several complaints about my dogs barking too much.  Animal control came out several times to listen to my dogs.  No citation was ever issued cause there was a reason for them barking & when the reason disappeared off the street the dogs stopped barking.  So no citation cause they weren't barking for no reason.  But he kept filing complaints.  So the head of Animal Control came to see why there were no citations.

We stood out by the drive way talking for about 30 minutes & she witnessed the dogs barking at people walking up or down the street, they barked at a neighbor leaving his yard, they barked at a cat 3 or 4 doors down that was sitting in the middle of the street but they stopped barking when there was no reason to alert.  She said she didn't see anything wrong & that, in fact, her yard was much like mine.  She said dogs bark, that is the sound dogs make.  Dogs don't meow, moo, nay or cackle, dogs bark.  She said that any more complaints would be filed in file 13(trash) & that I wouldn't have to worry about my dogs barking.

The guy that placed all the complaints was the neighborhood SNITCH.  Hated by all neighbors.

DOGS BARK, THAT IS WHAT DOGS DO. 

It's not!   Any form of antisocial behaviour, after and before certain times during the night can/will involve the law if people complain.

most people work and so are not at home during the day. I had a dog that barked when i was out during the day and when I got home there would be a card from the local council regarding the bariking dog, so people can complain during the day. Dogs can be a nuisance during the day too.

• Amber

Because noise in the day time is life happening. It's expected and it's awful for those (like me) who worked nights. Noise must be kept down at night as most people are sleeping and need to get that sleep for work the next day.