What ever the case, lion can never eat grass, how true is this.?

Cats eat grass sometimes, so I guess lions do; but they cannot get any calories out of grass because they cannot digest cellulose.  They can get some vitamins and minerals.

They do eat grass but they cannot eat it exclusively and survive because there is not enough calories in grass and their stomach cannot digest it. Lions need a high calorie and high protein diet. 

• CRR

Cats are generally regarded as obligate carvivores. This makes cats who refuse to eat meat altogether even more remarkable. A two-year-old British pet cat called ‘Dante’ was reported to be exclusively (and resolutely) vegetarian. And there have been at least two famous big cats, ‘Little Tyke—the lion that wouldn’t eat meat’ and ‘Lea, spaghetti lioness’, being exclusively vegetarian.

• Jim

a LOT of carnivores eat grasses!

My cat used to eat grass sometimes. I think it helps digestion or something. A lion is a big cat and it could do the same.