Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Is my package really going to arrive today?

Hello! I recently ordered something online, and it says that it will arrive today. My delivery service delivers from Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. The only tracking information that I currently have is "Electronic information submitted by shipper", which was 2 days ago at 5:22 AM. How is it going to arrive today if it's still on "Electronic information submitted by shipper"? Do you think it will be delayed to Monday, or will they clutch it today?

Someone was asking what exactly says that it will arrive today. "it" means the delivery service. The delivery service says "Expected delivery: Today"

They actually deliver to residences until 8 PM, not 5 PM.

• Mystic

We have no idea. All we can say is maybe. Hopefully you do end up getting it.

• Judy

don't count on it

• ?

I had two Amazon orders that were similar.  They said they had shipped the items and gave delivery dates, but no tracking information was ever available.  After the packages were late, I sent messages to the seller through Amazon that went unanswered.  After that I requested and received a refund.  The sellers never replied.   

• y

No one knows, sorry, and even after the tracking is updated you can't be sure. 99% of the time, for myself, they  have been right on the money with delivery. Every once in a while, it will get all screwed up for whatever reasons. I have even had tracking numbers and data showing shipped from and too's, only to find out later. It was never actually shipped. I also have received items that a month later, still say in transport.

"Electronic information submitted by shipper" usually means the seller has printed a shipping label but hasn't actually shipped the package yet.

"it says that it will arrive today"   Where do you see that?   You said the tracking only shows that the label has been printed.