Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Do people still play World of Warcraft?

Yes, it's still one of the top MMORPGs by a fair margin despite what people constantly saying about it being "dead".

The latest expansion, Shadowlands, brought back a bunch of people as well. There's also WoW Classic for people who want to experience the "original" WoW before any expansions, and that managed to prove quite popular as well.

You can play both the retail modern WoW and Classic with the same subscription.

I believe most people have moved on from that game 

• ?

Actually yea. It's very much alive and kicking, raking in millions if not billions for Blizzard. I used to play on a private server (Dalaran WoW), and it's actually one of the older expansions (Wrath of the Lich King, Patch 3.3.5a). Just around a month ago, I decided to go back and see how the server is doing. To my surprise, it was still very much alive! Keep in mind that this is still a PRIVATE server (not the Blizzard's official one), and an old expansion. You have to count Cataclysm, Mists of Pandarida, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Battle of Azeroth and Shadowlands. 

A lot of people still play this game. It's only a matter of finding that one good private server where you have loads of population to have fun with. (There are quite a handful of them if you look hard enough).