Can I get an allergy blood test from a regular doctor?

5 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    That wouldn't be advisable, especially if you don't know what you're looking for. Skin tests are far more accurate and cover a much broader range of allergens.

  • 3 months ago

    --  Some allergy tests are done with pin pricks on the skin, and usually done by an allergy specialist. Only a few are done by blood tests, and best ordered by the allergy specialist.

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    "Yeah, sure." - Nicolas Cage after reading ANY screenplay

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    of course you can

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

    They may be able to order it but an allergist would be more likely to know which ones to order and what the results mean.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.