Is this Appendicitis or statin side effect?

I started doubling my dosage as my doctor suggested and 5 hours later my whole stomach felt hurt (dull) like I just ate a big bag of chips or something and then the dull pain moved to my lower right abdominal and feels like a cramp for about 14 hours. Definitely feels better than it did when it first started.

You probably need a good long farting session.

I would say you should see the doctor to find out why it hurts.

I'd ask your doctor, I'd assume statin meds wouldn't have that effect, my understanding is they are generally low to zero side effects.

It could be neither. Hope you didn't play doctor too long.

• Marc

Go to the ER and get a CT scan of the abdomen

''Appendicitis typically starts with a pain in the middle of your tummy (abdomen) that may come and go.

Within hours, the pain travels to your lower right-hand side, where the appendix is usually located, and becomes constant and severe.

Pressing on this area, coughing or walking may make the pain worse.

If you have appendicitis, you may also have other symptoms, including:

feeling sick (nausea)

being sick

loss of appetite

constipation or diarrhoea

a high temperature and a flushed face''

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/appendicitis/symptom...

As your pain is improving rather than getting worse and you haven't mentioned any other symptoms I think it's safe to say that you don't have an appendicitis. 

EDIT: You don't need a CT scan for a tummy ache.