Usb issue!?

so when i plug my usb flash drive i get that sound but nothing shows up on my pc drives ...i  have two types of usb the 2.0 and the 3.0 both didn't work for me 

ps: my usb keyboard ..wifi and card reader work just fine 

so the problem only persist with the usb flash drive 

by the way m on windows 10

thanx in advance 

ive tried the disk management tip and it just shows my hdd and my ssd there and i tried to update my usb drive ended up with fail as i tried also many ways to update the driver including driver pack solution and many websites with same results 

Preliminary checks

Check for device compatibility

Update your operating system

Windows Troubleshooter tool

Use Disk Management tool

Try plugging into a different computer or USB port

Troubleshoot drivers

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes

Create new drive volume and assign a drive letter

Disable USB Selective Suspend feature

Preliminary Checks

Check That Your USB Device Is On. When you connect your USB stick to your computer, it should ideally turn on automatically with flashing lights on the unit indicating activity. Some units have a dedicated power cable, or physical power button that you have to turn on manually, for your computer to detect it.

Examine The USB Stick For Cracks. It’s possible that the flash drive could have been damaged without your knowledge, so check it physically to rule out any issues before trying again.

Restart Your Computer. This may be an old tech support standby, but it fixes a lot of issues, especially those caused by software glitches. Unplug the USB stick, shut down your computer and unplug it from the power source. Wait up to one minute before restarting your computer and trying the flash drive again.

Allow Your Computer To Load Fully before trying the USB stick again. Some computers can be slow and get overwhelmed by the multiple operations they have to run during startup, so it’s possible that your USB stick might be getting overlooked.

Check For Device Compatibility

If your USB stick isn’t meant to work with your computer, then it won’t show up when you plug it in. In Windows PCs, most USB 3 devices can connect to USB 2 ports, which shouldn’t be much trouble.

However, with advances in technology, a USB 3 device may require a more powerful and compatible port to work. Check your device’s instruction manual or packaging for compatibility information before trying again.

Update Your Operating System

If you’re using Windows, updating the operating system comes with important files that support different hardware and devices, plus fixes to any errors you may encounter.

Open Settings > Update & Security.

Read more................

• Tony
    4 days ago

Have you tried the USB flash drive on a different computer to make sure it is not faulty?

If it is not visible in Disk Management, it is a USB issue. Try uninstalling the USB controller device in the Device Manager. It will automatically reinstall upon reboot, and that could help.

• Who

stupid answer you picked

go to control panel/administrative tools and look if the pc has registered it

you may see a device with no drive letter and probably just labelled as "RAW" in the file system field

This means it aint been formatted and dont have a file system on it

In this case you cant see it on the "Drives" until its been allocated a drive letter

Al you need to do is format it (in administrative tools) in whatever file system you want (NTFS is normal) - and do a FULL format not a quick one

If is a large capacity flash drive and its USB3 it will be a lot quicker if you use the USB3 port (but remember formating = writing to the drive, and writing to any flash drive is a lot slower than to a hard drive so it could take some time)

when its finished formatting it will ask you for a drive letter and list the free letters

Just pick one and off you go

you should now see it in "drives" under that letter

(PS I normally give drives a name so I can identify it easily from other flash drives

This name will appear against the drive letter)

Check device manager for errors when it is plugged in.

thank you all guys i have fixed that by reinstalling windows after trying almost everything .a guy told me it was virus cuz after not being able to use my usb ports i lost my hdd and i couldn't get it to work ...so bottom line i reinstalled windows ..thanx again 

Please get a USB PCI / PCI e card

so the problem is in the flash drive, or in your BIOS settings [if you're trying to boot from the usb, you have to set it to on in the BIOS and make it the first item in the boot sequence].  -- grampa

• Bill-M

Two things to check:

1.  Right Click on Start and in the pop up menu Click on Device Manager. In Device Manager, scroll down to the USB Section and see if there are any Yellow Markers on them.

If they are,  Right Click on the USB Hub and Uninstall it.  then Reboot the Computer. this will reinstall the USB Drivers.

2.  Plug in the USB and then Right Click on Start and open Disk Manager.  See if the USB is listed but does not have a Drive Letter Assigned.   If this happens Right click on the Drive and assign a drive letter.