Do you believe people can be loyal for the right person? Or once a cheater always a cheater?

If you knew your current partner cheated before could you be with them? Do you think a person can. Change?

1 day ago

This is such a subjective topic and I think it honestly varies from person to person. I think some people will always be that way inclined - they will always get bored and have a pattern of repeat behaviour. But I do also think that sometimes, mistakes can be made. People aren't human and things happen. 

I know that people like to make out that cheaters are awful people, but you never know what goes on behind the scenes in a relationship. The couple may always argue at home, the sexual chemistry may not be there, there may be trust issues unrelated to cheating, etc. There can always be one thing that might push someone over the edge. 

As for if it was a current partner who cheated before, I think the question is whether or not they cheated on you, or an ex before you. I firmly believe that we should all trust our partners until they give you a reason not to. Getting into a relationship with someone who has cheated before should not affect your relationship and, if it does, it's not fair to constantly punish that person for their past mistakes (especially if you knew getting into the relationship). On the other hand, if your partner has cheated on you before, I personally feel like the trust never fully comes back. As someone that has been cheated on in the past, there's always the hint of doubt and the feeling that they lied before and they could be lying again. Staying with a cheater hurts you more than it hurts them because you can never trust them as you did before. And it's also not fair to stay with them and constantly bring it up - if you've forgiven them, you need to act like it.

So all in all, yes I believe that cheaters can change, but I don't think staying with someone that has cheated is a good idea. Even if they never cheat again, you will never fully trust them either, which will eventually eat away at your relationship.  

1 day ago

Why would you want a cheater? There are too many fish in da sea to direct your time and attention to a cheater!

• 3 days ago

Cheaters cheat because they feel the need to explore and arent ever happy. This isnt something that goes away. People dont change unless something drastic happens. 9 outta 10 times its gonna happen again.

• 3 days ago

all cheaters are not "once a cheater always a cheater"

when some people cheat it get their attention and they don't do it anymore because they don't want to lose what they have at home 

• 3 days ago

My (ex) cheated on his first wife all the time. He never cheated on me. I think it boils down to the relationship. With his first wife, she was very overbearing and had to have everything her way - I think his cheating was his 'payback' because he was too scared to face up to her. BTW, I left him for a lot of reasons that had nothing to do with 'fidelity' - I had hoped/wished many times - even 20 years after the divorce, that he'd stayed with his first wife. 

• Mary
    3 days ago

It depends on the circumstances, obviously if the person is young then the relationship probably wasnt that serious and there probably wasnt much at stake. But if they were in an established relationship and the partner didnt have the respect to call it off instead of cheating then I would probably not date them. There is no excuse for an adult to cheat

• ?
    3 days ago

relationships are built on honest , whats to stop you from seeing some-one else , as i said honesty , as  long as neither  find out ..

• 3 days ago

Everyone is different. Some people cheat once and never again while others cheat much of their lives. 

• yay
    3 days ago

I think it depends on whether the cheating was a one time mistake or a consistent pattern of behavior they've displayed with every partner. If it's the former, I don't think they're likely to do it again. If it's the latter, it doesn't matter how great their current partner is, they're probably going to cheat on them, too. 

• 3 days ago

I think people can change. Its not impossible but it's up to the person if they want to or not. It has to be something that they wanna do no one can do it for them. Everyone says no one changes and stuff but those are the people who have come across the ones who don't want to. You can't knowingly be around someone who doesnt wanna change and then complain about how they stay the same. Its better sometimes depending on the situation to cut that person out of your life. And no not everyone cheats i think some people are just too scared or too lazy to get back out there after they've been single for a long time so they would rather give some excuse about why they dont want to rather than just saying you know what im scared ill get hurt thats why i stay single or i dont feel like dating right now.