Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is getting all B+ in high school bad? I want to apply to NYU. I am now study at a community college with a current. 4.0 gpa. ?

English is not my second Language. English is my first language and my second is Spanish 

Although yes I was in a rush to write this 

Your grades are in line with what NYU accepts for its freshman applicants, so you should be a good candidate for NYU. Based on your writing, it sounds like English is your second language, so you should work on improving your written English.

• garry

depends on what you applying for , it should be food enough , just depends on the standards  they set . you havent mentioned what you want to study thou !!!

I assure you, a B+ average is adequate for NYU. 

If you apply with at least 30 college credits (taken after you graduated from high school), then most universities will evaluate you for admissions based on your college records, not high school.

So don't apply to NYU until you've completed at least two and maybe three semesters of community college. Then high school won't matter and you're very likely to be admitted if you can keep up the 4.0 GPA.

complete at least two full semesters at CC, then apply as a transfer student.  they likely won't care much about your HS average then

That depends on the high school. In my HS, the passing grade was the same as the "college recommending" grade. I was below the average in my graduating class and had no difficulty getting into my Ivy League university. BTW, I think my HS leads the country in graduates becoming Noble laureates. [I was not one of them.]

• Scott

As a community college transfer student, your grades in high school will not matter.

• drip

Bad? In what way? If you want to go to Harvard, then yes it is bad. 

Many other universities will easily accept a B student.