Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is getting all B+ in high school bad? I want to apply to NYU. I am now study at a community college with a current. 4.0 gpa. ?

Update:

English is not my second Language. English is my first language and my second is Spanish 

Update 2:

Although yes I was in a rush to write this 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your grades are in line with what NYU accepts for its freshman applicants, so you should be a good candidate for NYU. Based on your writing, it sounds like English is your second language, so you should work on improving your written English.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

depends on what you applying for , it should be food enough , just depends on the standards  they set . you havent mentioned what you want to study thou !!!

• 2 months ago

I assure you, a B+ average is adequate for NYU. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Your grades are in line with what NYU accepts for its freshman applicants, so you should be a good candidate for NYU. Based on your writing, it sounds like English is your second language, so you should work on improving your written English.

• 2 months ago

If you apply with at least 30 college credits (taken after you graduated from high school), then most universities will evaluate you for admissions based on your college records, not high school.

So don't apply to NYU until you've completed at least two and maybe three semesters of community college. Then high school won't matter and you're very likely to be admitted if you can keep up the 4.0 GPA.

• 2 months ago

complete at least two full semesters at CC, then apply as a transfer student.  they likely won't care much about your HS average then

• 2 months ago

That depends on the high school. In my HS, the passing grade was the same as the "college recommending" grade. I was below the average in my graduating class and had no difficulty getting into my Ivy League university. BTW, I think my HS leads the country in graduates becoming Noble laureates. [I was not one of them.]

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As a community college transfer student, your grades in high school will not matter.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bad? In what way? If you want to go to Harvard, then yes it is bad. 

Many other universities will easily accept a B student.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.