Have you gone to the doctors for other things not related to COVID lately?

I wonder if it's safe to go to the doctors for regular doctor's checkup

How in the world does a laptop explode? That worries me a bit! 

I just got my braces today and I've been seeing my dentists since September. Also had a dr. Apptment in november.. so, i guess it is? I'm not sick and neither is my family, so I think you'll be fine

yeah many times! more than i can count on one hand... I've had a horrible year! i sprained my ankle and knee and had to go to urgent care and they didnt have xrays there and the pain got so bad i had to go to the ER. then i had to follow up with my pcp and then he referred me to an ortho... now I'm seeing a pain doctor... and this is not including the nerve blocks i have to get for my chronic pain which has been every 2 weeks for the last 2 months, next week i have a follow up with my doctor ... so it never ends ... I've had no choice but to go... i wear an n95 mask and i haven't gotten sick yet thank goodness i dont even have my flu shot and I'm at higher risk bc of asthma 

i also went to the ER for a REALLY bad asthma attack and i was so scared id get sick... everytime i have an appt i quarantine for 2 wweks in my room to make sure if i do get sick i dont spread it unknowingly 

• Shark

we have to make appointments by phone

A doctors office is safe because a) doctors do regular covid tests b) the offices are thoroughly cleaned each day c) doctors and patients will always wear masks during an in person meeting. The risk of contracting covid is on the small side by going to see a doctor. Please don't worry

• Andy C

It's been safe since June.  Doctors send COVID-19 patients or patients whose symptoms are similar to separate parts of the building or to certain clinics, keeping them entirely separate. 

Source(s): Laptops batteries are lithium ion and under certain conditions they can explode. My wife's company has been sending COVID-19 patients to one separate clinic. She has been seeing patients since May and she's been tested numerous times, all negative.
  • ?

Of course its ok-

I think people are getting too overly paranoid with this! I mean do you have these same fears when you go to a grocery store or bank? No? Then why should it be an issue going to see a doctor.

A doctors office is safe because a) doctors do regular covid tests b) the offices are thoroughly cleaned each day c) doctors and patients will always wear masks during an inperson meeting. The risk of contracting covid is on the small side by going to see a doctor.

However, there are a lot of doctors will cancel in-person meetings unless its 100% dire to meet with patients, a lot of doctors are now doing online/virtual meetings with patients. Even the doctors doing in person meetings, are so severley back logged that you would be waiting weeks to months to get an appoinment! My Mom went to emege for breathing issues 2 weeks ago, and she is not able to see her doctor until Feb 8th, due to backlogs.

I wouldn't highly recommend having your laptop blow up in your face either.

If you read the instructions on your laptop, we are supposed to keep them on flat hard surfaces to avoid battery overheating (I would gather that his laptop's fan was also not working).

Yes, I go to doctors.

No, I'm not afraid.  The doctors and staff don't want to get covid so they protect themselves and thus we are protected. 

Yes. I was diagnosed with cancer 5 months ago so have been seeing a lot of doctors.

In June I had to go to the ER after my older laptop literally exploded in my face. 

While I was not admitted there, I did have home care nurses coming for about six weeks afterwards, as I had bandaged on my lower left arm that had to be changed about every four days for that period of time. 

If you can avoid such a situation, I recommend doing so. 

• Rick B

Yes.  I see my doctor every 3 months.