Maternity pads for heavy periods?

I am 16 and have really heavy periods. I tend to need to change my pads often and or leak. 

Am i able to wear ubykotex maternity pads as they are thicker or are they designed differently?

I have the same problem and personally I’m ok with both pads and tampons, I use both at the same time so I can go a normal amount of time without staining, it seems weird but it’s helpful af when I’m in classes. Plus anxiety levels went down like... 35%

Hope that helps :) 

Just shove a few strong kotex in there to absorb your heavy days. Or, get pregnant. 

first 2 days of my period are always super heavy. i use a tampon and pad. do you have a medical issue?

• MissA

They are designed to catch blood leaving the vagina.  Seems like a pretty good comparison to a regular pad:) 

Obese weird guy hoping some idiots will believe him. 3 idiots score so far. 

Yes you can use maternity pads for heavy periods.

However, if you are needing this level of protection then something is wrong and needs to be investigated.

Please arrange to get medical advice.

• Tavy

Designed exactly the same.

There is nothing wrong with trying them. 

There is no reason you can't use them.  Typically, they are longer than a normal pad and usually more absorbent.  I am not familiar with the exact one you listed, but try it and see if it works for you.

You could also try "nighttime" pads even during the day.  Those are also typically longer and more absorbent.

Consider asking to go on birth control.  It can make your periods shorter and lighter.