Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Would you date someone who says they will never marry no matter how close they get with another person?

This man and I are flirting with eachother.  However he says that he wants to never have kids or marry anyone no matter how close he gets to them.  He has never been married and he says he never would want to, no matter how much he loves anyone.

I want a husband and kids at somepoint.  

Would you date a man like this?

If I wanted a husband and children And knew a man that I was interested wanted neither A wife or children,  Then no, I wouldn't date him .

Listen to him...he is telling you he will never marry you or have children. 

Why are you questioning his honesty vs your desire to have a husband and children...WHY??

He's been honest with you. He doesn't want to marry.

Have you told him that you want to get married and have kids? It sounds like you haven't - as though you are thinking you can 'change' him.

You can continue to date him, but don't get upset when he doesn't marry. If I were him, and knew you wanted a husband and kids, I'd move on. Too easy for a tart like you to trap him into marriage unless he's had a vasectomy. (And if I were him, I'd get one ASAP).

• SW-6

Just remember this - life is short and to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest.  YOUR fullest.  IF you want to be married and have kids, you make it happen.  It doesn't look like it will with this man.  So saying if you stay with him and never marry or have kids - you will be aiding in HIS life enjoyment and throwing yours away.  NO WAY.  Kiss this man goodbye and go out and find the man who will help you fulfill your life wishes.  Again, life is too short my friend.  You go out and make sure your life count.  Good luck to you.  :)

No, If his intentions are not the same as mine I wouldn't. You are setting yourself up for a huge let down. You want kids. He doesnt. You want to be married, he doesn't. You can't force someone to be "Mr. Right" I would move along. Don't let someone else hold you back from what you want out of life. He in all honesty may never change his mind. If you do end up having kids with this person, he will probably not be very attentive or be as supportive as you would need. Find someone who wants the same things out of life as you do. 

Source(s): Personal Experience

Yes, he seems like an intelligent guy

• Helen

I would.....because I feel the same way as him.

You don't, and therefore you shouldn't.

women all want to change men ,,, why not find one you match with already?

• P

I really don't think he could be any clearer.  It's refreshing to have such honesty from someone, since alot of guys will string you along for years.    It's really up to you if want to waste your best years of your life for having kids (biologically) with a guy who says he does not want any.   Be mindful it can take a few years for even a guy who wants kids eventually to be ready.  I guess it's fine if you are bored, but at the end of the day he will just be a distraction from finding a guy who shares your desires.  They are not going to just fall in your lap, you have to put effort into finding someone.  

• edward

I know a guy who used to think that way...he changed his mind after months of being denied sex from his nice catholic girlfriend (now wife).  He can be changed if he wants to get closer and can’t

• Fin

If some of my goals were to be married and have kids and the other person didn't want either of those then, no, I would not date someone like that.  It would be a waste of time and compromise of what I wanted for my future.