John
Lv 4
John asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Is the Pfizer vaccine 'delayed' for Europe because USA is being prioritised ?

Presumably Pfizer is a U.S company 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Nope, countries made deals for x amount, Pfizer seems to have made deals for more then it has/can produce, plus they are having shipping issues due to the way the vaccines must be maintained. Many US states have also been shorted on what they were promised.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

planes, trains, restaurants and hotels over book, why ?

Pfizer cost $20 per dose and must be stored in a freezer @-70C (-100F) to maintain optimal efficacy and it also has to be mixed with another liquid before it can be administered

Oxford/AstraZeneca cost $4.50 per dose and can be stored in a fridge

do the logistics

do the MATHS

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, because the orders were placed after the US placed theirs. Supply and demand, demand outstrips supply, hence shortages.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

When 23 people die soon after having the vaccine, I'd want distribution 'delayed' or even halted for a while too

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/23-die-in-norway-aft...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

More likely because the EU is too incompetent to get their act together.

• 2 months ago

Probably. Last March when there was a PPE shortage, American agents were at the airports in China with suitcases full of cash to make sure supplies were redirected to the US instead of other countries. I would think the same thing is happening now. Highest bidder. 

• 2 months ago

We Britishers are naturally immune. We've been using a placebo for dramatic effect.

It's working, a bit.

• 2 months ago

I think it's both US-GER so it's perfectly reasonable to vaccinate your own citizens before exporting the drugs to others but the British AZN and Russian Sputnik vaccines are also available in Europe so there's plenty to go around

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We should buy the Sputnik V vaccine that has been available the longest

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.