Will there still be a push for republicanism in Australia after they have seen what a disaster it is in the USA?

Update:

Don't fix what isn't broken.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Lol. There will constantly be a push, because republican activists have been agitating for republicanism non-stop since they heavily lost the referendum 22 years ago, a loss they never accepted and in a fit of tantrum decided to blame on John Howard (a bit like Trump and Qanon in the USA right now who still don't accept Trump's election loss). Except never in those 22 years have the republican activists even come close to agreeing on a model of republic to present to the people. So all they are able to do is huff and puff and grandstand, and make tone deaf media stunts every single year on Australia Day and the Queen's Birthday.

I mean just look at the sort of people agitating for a republic: Malcolm Turnbull, Kevin Rudd, Peter Fitzsimons. All of them absolute narcissists who all clearly have ambitions to become the first Australian President and who'd step over their own mother to get the job. The sheer arrogance with which they claim to speak for the people and yet they are ivory tower elites who couldn't be more removed from 'the people' if they tried. They are a million times more elite and out of touch than the Queen, who continues to serve as monarch at the age of 94 out of a sense of duty and loyalty to the people of her realms. Compare that with the republicans I mentioned who cash in their parliamentary pension or TV royalties, retire in luxury and charge megabucks on the speakers circuit. Their only sense of loyalty is to their own ego and they contribute nothing constructive to this country. Two of them the worst most egotistical Prime Ministers we've ever had, and the other a bogan former footballer, pirate cosplayer and writer of fake histories.

So yes, the loudmouth republicans will never give up, but the people aren't interested in the snake oil they're selling. Long may we retain our sanity, Advance Australia and God save the Queen.

• 2 months ago

There should be. It has been a disaster only in  the eyes of globalist scum.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I doubt it  China  we have no intentions of  standing  alone  when we know  you  are waiting to invade us

• 2 months ago

Highly unlikely Australia will become a Republic but when the pompous git Charles becomes king we might change our mind 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No-one is interested.

• 2 months ago

i hope not.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .our way works best 

• 2 months ago

That's depends on the future King Charles attitude on his ruling as a King. All should I say future Queen Camilla? Who knows?

• 2 months ago

Australia seems to be screwed with or without the monarchy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.