Where do I withdraw a large amount of cash with withdrawal limits ?

I hired a contractor for my house who’s charging $10000 in cash. He’s accepting the cash after he does the work so I know he’s legit. But my bank Chase only allows $500 withdrawals, how do I get the $10000. Do I just go to the bank like 20 times once a day each? I’m so confused? 

It might be just your card with the limit and if you go into a branch you can take out what you want, they might want to see your passport if it's a large amount. That's what mine is like anyway.

• ?

you go to the bank explain what you want to do and that you want to withdraw 10k in cash a few days later

((you know f//k all that hes legit or not - he completes a shoddy job - you pay him the cash and hes away on his toes before you realise what he's done is cr//p

NO legitimate contractor would want 10k in CASH

I presume the ATM won't let you withdraw more than $500 at a time?

You should still be able to go to a 'brick and mortar' bank and withdraw the required cash - though many places require three days notice for more than $3500 in cash.

Also, a large withdrawal will result in the bank notifying the Federal Government (presuming you are in the USA). Anything over $5000 in one month gets reported. They use this to track money laundering, drug transactions, etc and people who aren't declaring all of their income (like your contractor may be doing since he wants paid in cash).

The withdraw limits apply to ATMs.

You can withdraw your ENTIRE account balance over the counter without any other limit.

That said, if the contractor is even willing to accept $10,000 in cash, he IS NOT legit. At minimum, he is hiding the income from the government.

Find a different contractor that allows multiple forms of payment.  There’s no reason it NEEDS to be cash.

You don't because you aren't a moron enough to do this.

Hire a LEGITIMATE contractor, who will take payments in check, zelle/venmo or a card.

In the future, if you want to buy a car or something and need cash, you make arrangements with the back in advance.  Usually 3 days.

Walk into your branch and tell them you want to make a withdrawal.  Limits only apply to ATMs to limit loss and liability for a computer only transation.

You go during business hours. Going 20 times won't help if there is a 500 a day limit and there is.

When I needed to take a large amount of money out of my account, I went into the bank with a physical check.  They wanted to know what it was for and I said I was buying a car.  That always works.

Go in the bank and withdraw it from your account.