Sky asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

I Need A Hobby For My Character. What Should It Be?

My character is 15 years old turning 16 this year

She is a girl

She (oddly) has naturally bright pink hair

She is very happy and cute

She has a twin sister 

I use her for stories and occasionally use her name as a username online

And last but not least, she is second eldest sibling in her family.

If you guys have any ideas on what she should take up, please feel free to answer this question!

In case you guys didn’t know, she is based on a doll and that is the reason for her pink hair. (You know toy makers nowadays! Always making doll hair the weirdest yet cutest colors possible.) 

The story is a part of a bigger story and the story is called The Mermaid Tale and she is going on a road trip on summer break. 

I saw one of your answers and, no, this is a story aimed at kids and tweens. So no sex, please. And no, I also didn't forget about sex classes. I shouldn't add any stuff like that in a story for kids and tweens because they don't understand that stuff and they

shouldn't

. At 

least I think they shouldn't. Please understand that this isn't aimed at adults and/or teenagers, this thing is for

kids.

There are a lot of really promising answers here, and some not-so-promising. I think that I should give her a new thing to do because I want her to join a club in school. I need this for the story, too. I am not doing it to make her more interesting, I am because she needs something to do. These updates are to clarify stuff that the people answering probably didn't take into account and to reply to these answers to tell you if what you said about her is right, wrong, or even in the middle.

I also need to say, she is NOT a Mary Sue! She does have flaws and she CAN be defeated in some way. Her flaws listed AND served on a silver platter here:

1.Is easily distracted

2.Her voice is high and cute, but if you hear too much, you might be annoyed

3.ARACHNOPHOBIA

4.She has a rival

5. Secretly not sunshine lollipops and rainbows

6.Her little sister tried to do her makeup one day and messed up her eyebrows. Now they are all wonky.

Maybe no voodoo dolls, but she CAN have an evil dark side. Thanks, ❓ ! (I couldn't add the actual question mark because it would be weird. So I added an emoji question mark instead).

• F

She has an evil dark side and makes voodoo dolls of anyone who upsets her.

She collects rocks. She has a secret mania for geology. 

• garry

hobby for a 16 year old girl , what else but boys .. wait till  your hormones start up and thats all will be on your mind , boys ..guess you forgot about sex classes didnt you .

Baking goodies like cupcakes or iced buns with pink icing or red velvet cake

• Marli

She has NATURALLY BRIGHT PINK HAIR?

Amazing! Everyone else has to dye to have pink hair.

I made sure my author listened when she "created" me. (She is hard of hearing and more than a trifle dense; but I trained her and she is adequate.)

Tell your character to sit down inside your imagination and tell you what she likes to do. Having such a bright pink hair colour, she probably likes to show it off, so she experiments with hairstyles. 

My creator is a sucker for candy and stereotypes. She suggested your cute, happy girl likes to bake heart shaped cakes and cherry pies as well as making heart shaped candies. (Someone gave her a Care Bear. It spoiled her ability to write something other than gush that any self respecting Mary Sue would refuse to speak - but I am stuck with her.)

• Tina

Shark fishing

Tag wrestling

Morris dancing

OMG, can you imagine a cute little girl with pink hair playing tennis?! in a cute little white outfit? i am in loooovveee.

ehem, sorry, here i can suggest some:

-tennis

-Singing

-ice skating

-designing things

-knitting

-KARATE 

yeah, so those are some hobbies that i think would be cute for her. 

I have a suggestion: The girl can get attacked or something and then you describe the fight, and the girl wins because she is great at self defense.

I dunno that suggestion sucked but you could make it work! I believe in you!

Good luck!!!!

well she's not little though. lol

maybe she can read for a hobby

• denise

Maybe she should show an interest in 'Dog Grooming'.

Not a single thing that you've mentioned has any relevance whatever to what kind of hobby such a girl might be interested in.

You say you "need" a hobby for her. WHY do you "need" one? Does it matter for the story? If it doesn't, forget about it. Don't drag a hobby in just to make her seem more interesting.