What’s the point of using a meat thermometer?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

A meat thermometer is used to make sure the internal temperature is at the correct level or it will be raw.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You may want to test the internal meat temperature?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It saves you the embarrassment of serving undercooked food.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

to measure the meat temperature , you do know meat heats at different temperatures i hope .thats how you determine if its medium or well done ..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

So you can tell when cooked at the proper temp so you wont have half cooked or raw meat

• 1 month ago

To make sure you have cooked your meat to the correct temperature to prevent food poisoning. 

• 1 month ago

I do not like thermometers that are "meat" thermometers. ones that say Fish and give a temp range, then Pork and give a temp range, Poultry and a temp range and then Beef with another temp range.  Those are not accurate. 

I like an Instant Read thermometer that will go from at least 0 to 500 degrees F.  This way I can check the temp of just about anything from the egg mixture that I am heating for a French Silk Pie (165) to the loaf of bread I just took out of the oven (200)

the point of any thermometer is to tell how "done" the item is and if you can go on to the next step in a recipe for example making fudge or caramels or if the lasagna has heated all the way to the center. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To prevent your $40 chunk of meat from turning into something even the dog won't eat. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To find the internal temperature of the money in order to determine whether or not it's done. Using a meat thermometer keeps you from serving meat that's undercooked and potentially a health hazard and also keeps you from serving meat that's overcooked and so dry. Using a meat thermometer enables you to take meat at the moment it's finished cooking so that that it is at its most delicious, the tendency for people who don't use meat thermometers being to overcook meat and serve meat that's dryer, tougher, and lest flavorful than it could've been, than it needed to be.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To find out what temperature is inside the meat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.