Buying a used card, mileage vs trim level ?

Hi all, I’m deciding between a Nissan Pathfinder S 2015 (17k miles, price $18K) vs Pathfinder SV 2015 (34K miles, price 15K). The S trim is the base level, the SV is the next trim level.

Is less mileage a better decision than additional features on the higher trim?

Also, $3K less but double the mileage? 

34,000 miles on a 2015 car is very good; it's not high mileage or low mileage.

17000 miles on a 2015 might have problems because it wasn't driven enough.  Even if it was purchased in 2016, that's still less than 5000 miles a year.

If it was me, I'd go with the SV as long as a mechanic gave it the ok.

Buying the car at Carmax DOES NOT MAKE the mileage report accurate.

And it for sure doesn't make the maintenance reliable.

I have a 2017 Pathfinder S.  I am perfectly happy with it.  After four years, I still don'[t know how to use all of the features.  I sure would not want any more.

They are probably very close in value appropriate to their model and milage..   The SV  could be also loaded up with a number of features that you might need/enjoy.  I would forget the mileage and worry about the options vs the price.

I would probably go for the SV,  If you look at the SV first, and then the plain S, the S will probably seem VERY plain.

• CB

At 34k miles with maintenance records (especially proof of oil changes and a clean carfax) I would go for the SV - if no records go for the S. 34k on a well maintained nissan is barely broken in. 

The Pathfinder S with 17K miles is from CarMax, so mileage and reports are reliable 

Bigger questions: Are the miles correct? Have they been wrecked?