Can u get an car for 1,000-1,900? Used?

Yes, but you'd really need considerably more if you want something half way reliable.

• F

Of course but it’s going to be quite old and have something wrong with it. If it’s just tatty and you can live with it, OK, if it needs major work , it’s not a good idea. Unfortunately at that price, you’re not going to get a warranty.

Make sure you check the obvious, decent tyres-and brakes, exhaust not patched up, a newish battery, no damaged glass , lights all work etc.

What's your local used car market like?

I can yes. You, IDK? Can You?

I have seen a Nice Dodge convt. for $900 at a junkyard. Started Right up. Ive seen a Nice.06 Mazda 6 w/66K. $600,needed radiator, front tweaked.  There are those here that routinely get cars for $300-$400,drive them a  few years, then junk  em when they quit. 

To get a known reliable car, not beat up, rule of thumb is; save $3,000 or so. Private sale, cash. Exceptions exist of course. But if you  Always want to drive and not spend a month fixing (as you probably will), pay at least 3 grand.

I will ask $600 for my '80 Chevy ,lotsa new parts, good tires. Interior bit rough, some body work I couldnt  do. Lousy mileage, lackluster performance, but, Solid  American steel. Will probably  go 200 more K. I cant ask much more than $600 for her, Id Never get it.

That really depends on which currency you use.

Yes, but why would you want to know if I can? In the future, when asking for yourself, the proper wording is "can I", not "can you?" Got that? Good. Next thing is that it wasn't required to add "Used" because everyone already knows it's not possible to buy a new car for that little money.  

Most certainly. But if you want a car that actually runs well and will not break down every couple of days, and cost you a ton of money for repairs, you might want to consider spending a lot more money.

• Scott

Sure, but if you want a decent car, it will cost more than that

You certainly can.  And it does not have to be all that bad.  A car that is older and needs some superficial bodywork is considered worthless....no matter how well it runs.