?
? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Do I really deserve criticism for being all hostile to someone whenever they tease me or do something towards me I don't like?

even if whoever saw it say it was completely innocent of what that person was doing towards/to me

Are those people who defend the person who's having fun in a way I don't like at me right for doing that?

At school, a boy was taunting me then a girl yelled at me to shut up. At a party last year, my uncle was having fun at my expense. Another aunt yelled at me for being disrespectful to him.

For the last 2 examples of what happened to me, sticking up for myself resulted in someone else yelling at me. Even my parents got mad at me for being bratty to that particular uncle because he was doing something towards me I found bothersome.

Are you being overly sensitive?  Do you see yourself as the victim?  Learn to laugh at yourself.  They are looking for a reaction & if you don't react, it was a failed attempt to get to you.  They say & do these things for shock value only & they are trying to push your button for the reaction.  Do not react in any way.  Ignore them.  People can be very cruel.  Don't give them the satisfaction of getting the best of you.  They are the low lifes, not you.

You can learn to ignore it.

Go about your life.

• ?

No. I don't think you do. Often times. Its best never to let your left hand know what your right one is doing. If they  believe they get to you. Then you have already lost. I've always had the mind of if you don't touch me. I must  walkaway. I can understand men wanting to stand up. And women too. But never let them get the upper hand. Its harder than Chinese arithmetic I know. But be cool and deny everything with a smile.