Why does God not do anything about the suffering in the world?

Where is God when children are being abused? 

Many women scream out for Gods help when getting raped, why does God not save them?

Some people live in extreme poverty where parents have to sell their own organs to feed their starving children. 

Children die in extreme poverty.

So much suffering in the world. Young girls kidnapped from their parents and sold into brothels.

Where is God when all this is happening???

Why does God not intervene? 

Why is God sitting back and allowing all this to happen ?

90 Answers

Relevance
  • Carym
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

God has already done this through the Son [1 John 3:16] "Hereby perceive we the love of God because He laid down His life for us..."   --  "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest..." [Matthew 11:28-30] -- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” [Jeremiah 29:11]. 

What was the question again?

How long will it take to reach Him? The time it takes to drop down on one’s knees: it can happen right away or take years (a self-aggrandizing attitude is not exactly flexible).

“Good for us because we do not fall under the yoke of bad luck.” Sorry, it does not work that way, "our choices" become our responsibility, and no one else's. People create their own misery.

Children suffer because parents neglect their duties, but God is merciful---the Kingdom belongs to them, and the parents will be held accountable. Others are not reprimanded or properly conditioned and later turn out to be criminals.

Please direct your next question to the parents of such.

• 1 month ago

You are blaming the wrong source it is the people in the world that cause the most suffering. Not to be too harsh on you in the afterlife the poor and suffering will reap their reward and the unjust will be punished. That is the way it is and if we want to do something about it we have to do it ourselves. 

• 1 month ago

It doesn't matter.

What difference does it make if you knew why? People are suffering,  nobody is doing anything about it.

I personally don't believe in a god but I would recommend you to change the questions you ask yourself, ask questions that matter.. not questions that do not matter.

I hope you understood me 🙏

This was my opinion,  do whatever makes you happy and good luck 🥰

• 1 month ago

Why doesn't the teacher tell the student all the answers during an examination?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I’ve read purgatory is the absence of God till we are clean enough to enter his presence.

I’ve seen purgatory depicted as another, milder hell, as in medieval art, with its grotesquely deformed faces of those suffering in purgatory.

I’ve heard purgatory likened to waiting at the train station for someone you deeply love and miss to arrive.

Places are of time and matter, both creations of God. God transcends both time and matter as pure Spirit. There is nothing physical of God to see, hear, or sense at all unless he makes himself felt or sensed. Nor is he stationary in places; “He does not dwell in temples made with hands” (Acts 7:48). No created time, thing, or place can contain him.

“Either in this life or in the life to come, the soul that seeks union with God must be purged by ‘The fiery Love of God.’ The holy souls are purged of all the rust and stains of sin which they have not rid themselves of in this life. The fire of purgatory is first of all The Fiery Love of God.”

The fiery trials and sufferings we experience in our lives and in prayer are ultimately the presence of God accepting our many daily offerings of love throughout the primary offering of our whole life: heart, soul, mind, and strength.

This fiery presence purifies us with the strength of his love, and so he is the fire of purgatory. God himself is the fire that purifies and saves us (see 1 Corinthians 3:12-15).

• 1 month ago

Let's take the example you give - innocent women being raped by men. Let's bypass the blindingly obvious fact that men ought to do something to curb their lusts and viciousness against women. Here's a true account from last month.  A friend spoke with a 50 year old lady in Uganda who had been viciously raped by a group of religious men who told her, "Our God is greater - we have warned you several times to stop converting Muslims to Christianity. Today we shall teach you a lesson that you will not forget". She was found 3 hours later and needed medical help. My friend asked her what he should pray for, and after a pause she said, "Please pray that I would not despair". She's devoted many of her adult years to helping people in Uganda, out of her Christian love for them, so we can all understand her request.

Notice that she didn't want prayer for God to strike those men dead, or for them to suffer terrible illness. Vengeance is not what Christians pray for because they know that that belongs to God who will execute total justice on the Day of Judgment, when everything hidden will be revealed. The Bible pictures the souls of those martyred for Christ asking under Heaven's altar, "How long, O Lord, till our blood is avenged?" They are told to wait patiently, given white robes to wear, and assured that when the full number is reached of those beheaded for the name of Jesus (and killed in other ways), then God will act.

Our problem is that we are finite and live very short lives. God is eternal and infinite. His time-scale is vast. He has set a day for cosmic justice to be dispensed on all who have ever lived, by resurrecting them to stand for judgment. Christians know this. They help others while waiting on God. And the world despises them for that.

• 1 month ago

[why can't antichrists read the "book of genesis chapters 1-3" in the "king james bible version" for that answer?]

[why can't antichrists read the "book of job" chapters 1-2?]

[why can't antichrists read "the books of matthew & john"?]

[why can't antichrists read the "book of revelation"?]

[why can't antichrists blame their politicians & scientists for their laws & inventions, that have brought misery to billions?]

[why can't antichrists, with all their faith in science, solve these issues on their own?]

King James Version Bible 1885

2 John Chapter 1

3. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

2 Peter Chapter 3

3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 8

11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

2 Peter Chapter 3

5. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6. Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7. But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Amos Chapter 5

18. WOE UNTO YOU THAT DESIRE THEY DAY OF THE LORD! to what end [is] it for you? the day of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.

• Rjgmh
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

God gave us a free will. If He would destroy us in the moment we did something wrong no-one would be alive. If He would prevent it, we would not have free will. But rest assured at the end we will all be judged. And if you do not have Jesus Christ, you will have a judgement in Hell. And Hell is according to your sins. Many sins will make your hell worse. . .So repent of your sins and trust In the fact that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins already. . .

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Suffering in the world is from three sources - our own sins, the sins of others, and the laws of nature. God has addressed the first two by forbidding those actions that will cause harm to ourselves and others. If we disobey God and do the things He has forbidden, we can't blame Him when we end up suffering. As for the laws of nature, we live in a natural world, just as Jesus did, and we are subject to the laws of nature, just as He was. If we fall off a roof, it's because of gravity. Why would we expect God to cancel gravity just because a human falls?  If microscopic organisms cause us to become sick, that's part of life in the physical world. Likewise if someone dies or is injured in a car crash. Do you expect God to reach down and stop a car when the driver isn't paying attention, or is driving too fast?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We had heaven on earth and we forfeited it.  Now we have to deal with suffering caused by humans.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.