Jia asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Which is better, Linux system or Windows system?

Linux is secure as it is not difficult to identify bugs and fix though Windows has an enormous client base, so it turns into an objective of programmers to assault windows frameworks. Linux runs quicker even with more established equipment while windows are slower contrasted with Linux.Dec.

It really depends on the person.  If someone doesn't want to fuss with a lot of things, then they should buy a relatively new computer, and use whatever operating system came with it.  If it's Apple, use the MacOS that came with it.  If a common PC, Windows.  If a tablet, that might be Android.

Personally, I use Linux for most things I do.  My experience is that when a vulnerability is found, the time for a patch to come out is actually faster than with Microsoft.

• garry

windows has professionals who write updates all the time , linux is freeware with amateurs using the spare time to write out programs and eventually updates . one you pay for , the other is free and you have to wait for an update . both do the same job , just a better choice of software with windows . but remember linux is more efficiant than windows ever be .

• John

by far linux.  i switched a couple years ago and i am so glad i did. it is not difficult to install linux, just takes patience trying to undo the setting windows installs to prevent people from using anything other than windows.  windows lovers tend to make it seem like it is so hard to use anything else, rarely is the best product the most widely used product.  you can easily install wine and use windows programs within linux but i only use one windows based program in linux: burnaware free.  i find it much easier changing settings in linux and linux is much better at being stable such as during updates. i have never had an issue with an update crashing my system but it happens fairly often in windows.  linux also has a smaller footprint on the hard drive and the system resources such as ram.  many of the linux programs are stripped down versions(much like the difference between a base model and the most expensive model of a car) and that explains partly why the linux programs work better. also, you dont need drivers.  i can just plug my printer in linux and it works.  which means less junk on my hard drive and less ram being used(the same printer in windows needs other programs installed to work,programs like microsoft visual c+). and as for office any office program will work as long as you can save in ms format.  the vast majority of users only use the more basic features of office so very few people are affected by the most advanced features in ms office.  many of the best selling software is becoming linux friendly such as steam. more and more games are being developed for steak and the others you can use wine to play the games.  for me i just do not understand why more people do not use linux. it is free, non invasive, and user friendly.  microsoft has been extremely anti consumer and untrustworthy for decades.  i personally think microsoft is one of the most dangerous companies operating now.

It depends Windows is excellent for gaming but if you want a dummy proof operating system that cannot crash for example if you have somebody who always manages to break their computer in my experience Linux is the way to go.

I think windows is better because it's easy to use and performed well. 

Put it this way:  The next version of Windows will be Linux.  It will be Windows look skinned fork of Ubuntu.  It may have a new custom GUI, but it will be all Linux under the hood.

• John

My wife is all proud of herself that she has truly conquered copy and paste. She ALMOST has the concepts of managing a file system in file manager.

And you want to put her on Linux.

Windows, because your time is valuable, software that works is easy to find, and your money is plentiful.