I wonder how many people with Asperger's Syndrome were misdiagnosed for other ailments, e.g. for me it was ADD, it's like ADHD but without H?

I'm from Poland

I wonder how many people with Asperger's Syndrome were misdiagnosed for other ailments, e.g. for me it was ADD, it's like ADHD but without H :-)  that stand for Hyperactivity :-) 

I was finnaly officially  diagnosed with atipcal personality disorder, HFA (highly functional autism) - type Asperger Syndrome now it's no more Asperger Syndrome now it's counting as Autism Spectrum Disorders (F84.5 ) 

My math teacher suggestted my mum that I have Asperger's because I had talent to think outside the box I she said sadly , but sadly such way of things was not something it l's praised in Polish or European schools in generals :-) 

So my math teacher suggests back than in early 00's that I should be sent to free programming course in TurboPascal programming language l, but not much remember of TurboPascal now :-) 

• Deane

I was diagnosed in the 70's with ADD, but I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. It was not identified until the 90's I believe. So, many people may indeed have been misdiagnosed.

Asperger's Syndrome = just a cranky, pouty person.