Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

What is this kitchen utensil? No flippant answers please.?

This kitchen utensil is about 6 inches long, has a concave flap on one side and raised spiky protrusions on the other. I am unsure if it's a rasp or reamer of some sort. Anyone  who knows its origin and any videos showing its usage much appreciated.

Attachment image

11 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    That's not a kitchen utensil. 

    It's a home-made surgery tool! 

    Flippant my ****! 

    It's a flippant question!

  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It's a "zester" (something that takes off the aromatic layer of citrus fruits before it gets to the bitter pith.)

  • 2 months ago

    I'll go with "fish scaler", based upon similar tools in Google Images.

  • 2 months ago

    Looks like one of my silicone old sealant scrapers.


    Have also seen fish descalers that approximate the look of that tool

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    slotted turner 

  • 2 months ago

    an ice it

  • fuzzy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

    Coconut Grater???

  • T J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    sounds like a grater

  • 2 months ago

    Not sure what its for, but I would use to clean the grate for my BBQ grill.  Where did it come from?

  • G
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    Ask your gynecologist. Just don't tempt me like that. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.