What will happen to someone with 2 DUI’s in Oregon with past DUI’s from Oklahoma? ?

I have recently became aware that my son’s father has had 2 DUIs in our state of Oregon both within a year of each other. Since he got the second DUI about 8 months after the first one, there was no conviction on the first one by the time he got the second one. He missed his court date, twice. Now, there is a warrant and it seems like he is just waiting for them to catch up with him since he can’t pay any fines and I think is in over his head at this point. 

He also has 2 prior DUIs from Oklahoma. 

My question is, does this mean Oregon will make it a felony charge? When this catches up with him, I think it will have some pretty big consequences like jail time and him loosing his license permanently. Just wondering if anyone can offer some insight as to what could happen.  

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

DUI's what?  

• 2 months ago

There was an FUI too and that should have told you about his habits. Was he sober when you got pregnant? He has big trouble with the law and you have big trouble raising a child on your own. He needs a lawyer and you need a job that pays well enough you can afford to be a single mother. The best he could hope for is mandatory addiction treatment and house arrest.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

OREGON LAW:

Under Oregon law, DUI is a Class A misdemeanor, except when the offender has been convicted of DUI at least three times in 10 years prior to the date of the fourth or subsequent offense. In that case, the offender commits a Class C felony. Class A misdemeanors are punishable by up to one year in prison, a fine of up to $6,250, or both. Class C felonies are punishable by up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $125,000, or both. Despite these potential punishments, the following DUI penalties are mandatory:

For a first conviction, the minimum fine is $1,000. The driver’s license suspension period is 90 days.

For a second conviction, the minimum fine is $1,500. The driver’s license suspension period is one year where the commission of the second offense occurred within five years of the first offense.

For a third or subsequent conviction, the minimum fine is $2,000 if the person is not sentenced to a term of imprisonment. If the third violation occurred within five years of the first and second violations, the driver’s license suspension period is three years. For a fourth conviction within a 10-year period, the offender’s driver’s license will be permanently revoked.

Additional Punishment for DUI While a Passenger Under 18 was in the Vehicle

In addition to other penalties associated with Oregon’s DUI laws, if an offender commits a DUI while a passenger under 18 was in the vehicle and the minor passenger was at least three years younger than the driver, the maximum fine is $10,000.

There is a national driver's license register and all states share information about DUI's. Therefore, if that's the 4th time in 10 years and he can't pay the fines, he probably gets to go to jail for 5 years. 

Source(s): INTERNET KEYWORD SEARCH. TRY IT; ROCKET SCIENCE IT'S NOT.
  • 2 months ago

He's probably going to jail.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

So he has 4 DUIs, and at least an additional felony for not showing up in court twice.

They all are reported on a nationwide basis. The fact that he had a second before the first conviction only makes matters much worse.

He will probably pay a huge amount in fines. spend time in jail. and will probably never be allowed to drive again/

• 2 months ago

You're son's going to jail.  Better report to them now, if they have to haul him in they'll be way more pissed off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.