Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

US to UK plug?

Hello, I recently purchased a nail lamp to start doing Gel nails at home. I knew this would be coming from the US, but stupidly did not take into consideration about the plug. I don't want to return the item as it took me a while to find one I was happy with.

I have messaged the company directly and they informed me I will need a step up converter in order for it to work in the UK. I did some searching online and found SO many different options. 

It may be I just need to get a travel plug adapter, but have read this can cause issues, so was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what I would need to get in order for this to work in the UK without destroying the machine. Thank you :) 

Attachment image

6 Answers

  • garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    yes its compatable , buy an adaptor for $5  from home depot , it changes your plug pins from english to us  plug , your transformer runs from 110 volt to 240 volt .

  • 1 month ago

    You don't need that plug.  That plug converts US household AC (Alternating Current) to DC (Direct Current).  In other words, the small round power input in your hand, puts out the same type of electricity as a battery does.  You just need to find something that matches what the plug says is the output. 

  • 1 month ago

    The power supply is universal, so it will work anywhere with only the appropriate plug adapter. Most electronics stores or travel stores have them.  They are often poorly made, so don't expect them to last.  They are also bulky, so if you can find the type with a short flex, it works better.

    The company is completely wrong not only is a transformer unnecessary, but a step down transformer is used to go from UK to US voltage. 

  • 1 month ago

    Looking at the label it's universal voltage (110/240) so any travel goods store should be able to sell you the right adaptor

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You can get an adapter from Asda Tesco Morrison’s 

  • Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    A travel plug will work as long as it is US to UK (2 to 3 pin)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.