was Jesus God, or was Jesus the son of God?

• Paul

Both. He was human, because His mother was Human, and He was God because God the Father caused His mother to become pregnant with Him.

Is Jesus God, No. Jesus is the son of God. The Bible often calls Jesus “the Son of God.” (John 1:49) The expression “Son of God” acknowledges that God is the Creator, or Source, of all life, including that of Jesus. (Psalm 36:9; Revelation 4:11) The Bible does not teach that God literally fathered a child in the same way that humans produce children

Neither.  He was one of several preacher-types who roamed Roman-occupied Judah claiming he was the Messiah.  

Jesus was the son of God as per various books. 

The NT Jesus never lived, and the story is complete woo woo.

Gary, he is the fictional son of the Roman NT writers.

• garry

dont know but he is the son of someone !!!

• Clyde

He is the son of God and God lives in Jesus and Jesus lives in God

• Brian

Jesus is the son of God.

Jesus says that he has a God and to only worship his God. His God is the same God that the Israelites worshiped. His name is Jehovah.

Jesus said this as a human

John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Jesus said this after he was resurrected and is in heaven.

Revelation 3:12

The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

He said this regarding his God.

Matthew 4:10

Then Jesus said to him, Away, Satan! For it is written: You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve. 

and this shows that his God is the same God as the Israelites.

Deuteronomy 6:13

It is Jehovah your God you shall fear. Him you shall serve and by his name you shall swear.

Jesus is not God. He is the son of God.

Matthew 3:16, 17 

After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. 17 Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.

Both.  The Godhead is true.  Jesus is God and the Son of God.  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

Jesus IS God and the Son of God.