Can you use/reformat a seagate external drive from ps4 to pc?

I recently switched from console to pc. I have about a 500 gb external drive from seagate that I used for more game storage that I bought about a year ago.

My question is can I switch it to be used for pc storage? (mostly games). I don't feel the need to buy a new hard drive or ssd when I already have this external drive on hand, unless it's not possible. Also I understand it may not be as fast as a new ssd but I'm not too picky.Thanks!

• Mike W

You may not have to reformat it.  From what I've seen it uses either ExFat or Fat32, which is usable by Windows.  If not you should be able to repartition it and reformat it.  

You should be able to.  Have you plugged in the dive to your PC's usb 3.0 socket and tried it?  You may need to format it or even partition it, but it should be doable.

Right click your start menu and see if there is a Disk Management option (or left click and type "partitions").