How to shape a newly cloned tree. ?

About a year ago a took some weeping willow cuttings and planted them in the ground. Now I have two trees... or should I say bushes? I am not sure if how they are growing will lead them into being tall trees that are beautiful to the eyes. Should I be pruning all branches and encouraging a main trunk? What are things I should be doing? I don’t want a bush. 

Willows can get quite big.

When the tree is young, leave all its branches on, because the leaves are what provides energy for the wood to grow.  When the tree is tall enough, maybe 8 feet tall, you can start cutting off the lower branches in order to encourage the upper branches to grow.  Eventually you can cut off enough lower branches that you can stand under the lowest branch, if that is what you want.

In managing your tree, sometimes two branches  will cross each other.  Try to discourage this by cutting one of them off.  This results in better shape for the tree.

A small tree may look like a bush, but it will grow larger. Wait until it is much larger before you make any decisions about pruning for shape.

To make a tree, radical surgery.  Cut off completely all branches except for the one, biggest, strongest, healthiest branch growing straight up.   Force the bush to be a tree.  Let it branch out and grow leaves,  then cut those branches.   Always keep that main trunk growing with new leaves.  You may have to tie it up to get it to grow straight up.  Keep it watered and growing.  If the soil dries out, the tree will stop growing and it may take a year for the tree to reset its growth schedule.