Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

sperm on underwear?

I had my first ever wet dream and im a germaphobe, is that how you say it? Whatever. Im trying to wash my clothes but im worried the stain wont go away. Its also on my short. I wish to wash it with bleach, now I do know that bleach ruins colored clothes since its a big worry for me. I have a front load washing machine, the "liquid bleach" dispensor is small as you would know. If I fill it with bleach will it damage my clothes. I would want to sanitize my clothes in general. The detergent should clean it of course. I know "safe color bleach" exists but I cant go out now and im trying to wash my clothes. I mean if i add a bit of bleach i doubt its gonna damage my clothes right? Or what can i do to wash and sanitize my clothes. Any steps to wash my clothes? Do I wash it with a hot, warm, or cold wash? Do I wash it with a cotton/normal wash?

Calm down!  It's just a protein stain, not dissimilar to egg white.  It'll either lift in a cold prewash followed by warm/hot or make sure to use biological laundry detergent, the "bio" refers to enzymes added specifically to break down such stains.  There's no need for bleach, just do your laundry in a timely manner.  Ideally you should always wash underwear, socks and towels at 60C to prevent athletes foot/jock itch (same thing, different place), but lots of people don't and live to tell the tale.  Take a deep breath, you're only freaking out because this is new to you.

• Zapata

Do it in an old sock next time. 

Should come off with a regular wash

There's nothing magical about semen stains.  Just launder as usual.

Strip naked, put the soiled underwear on your head and run screaming "I'm a dirty boy!"  thru the streets until they lock you up.

• Lv 4

Hang on, hang on, wait. See your doctor. They'll prescribe 80 mg of Prozac if needed, but this? This is completely crazy.

• Barry

It will wash out fine. Cotton wash at 60C. Usual detergent. Don't add bleach as it's unnecessary and will damage the laundry.

just make your t shirt white at this point dude