Example sentence, please?

Could anyone think of good example sentences which begin with "Such as..."?

I can think of a lot if  "such as" does not start a sentence, but I don't think of any good examples starting with "Such as....".

Instances of please in a Sentence. Action word He joined the football crew to satisfy his dad. Her folks were satisfied by her choice.

The word such is a predeterminer, determiner, or pronoun and as such (!) should not start a sentence.

'Such as it is, my car still runs.'

'Such as things are, this country is still the best'

This can be done with almost any sentence. Just out a comma after the phrase, such as it is.

Source(s): Native American English speaker.
  • ?

Such as you are now, you will be.

I would not normally start a sentence with examples of what I am talking about, because I have not yet said what I am talking about.  First things first.

"Such as" is favored to win the next Kentucky Derby.

Such as it is, my car is at your disposal.

Such as it is, this is my life to live as I see fit, not yours!

The words "such as" require an antecedent--a previous element in the sentence that they refer to and expand upon. So those words cannot start a sentence.

I suppose a deliberate sentence fragment could start that way, perhaps in a novel's dialogue, but not in correct English.

"He does things that bother me," Anton said.

"Such as?" Mia was half-listening, her focus on her phone.

"Such as making up revolting lies about you." Anton hoped that would get her attention, but it didn't.

• martin

Such as matters may be, it will take more than a year to escape this horrible pandemic.