Example sentence, please?

Could anyone think of good example sentences which begin with "Such as..."?

I can think of a lot if  "such as" does not start a sentence, but I don't think of any good examples starting with "Such as....".

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Instances of please in a Sentence. Action word He joined the football crew to satisfy his dad. Her folks were satisfied by her choice.

• 1 month ago

The word such is a predeterminer, determiner, or pronoun and as such (!) should not start a sentence.

• 2 months ago

'Such as it is, my car still runs.'

'Such as things are, this country is still the best'

This can be done with almost any sentence. Just out a comma after the phrase, such as it is.

Source(s): Native American English speaker.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Such as you are now, you will be.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would not normally start a sentence with examples of what I am talking about, because I have not yet said what I am talking about.  First things first.

• 2 months ago

"Such as" is favored to win the next Kentucky Derby.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Such as it is, my car is at your disposal.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Such as it is, this is my life to live as I see fit, not yours!

• 2 months ago

The words "such as" require an antecedent--a previous element in the sentence that they refer to and expand upon. So those words cannot start a sentence.

I suppose a deliberate sentence fragment could start that way, perhaps in a novel's dialogue, but not in correct English.

"He does things that bother me," Anton said.

"Such as?" Mia was half-listening, her focus on her phone.

"Such as making up revolting lies about you." Anton hoped that would get her attention, but it didn't.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Such as matters may be, it will take more than a year to escape this horrible pandemic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.