Anya asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

My coworker got promoted for something I had done. The thought of confronting her stresses me out. How do I go about this?

You don't.  What problem do you think you're gonna solve by doing that?  It'll create a lot more problems than it solves and in the end you'll be the one being sh*t-canned because you're the one acting out and throwing a fit, aren't you?  That's how it looks from their perspective.

The best revenge is getting another job and watching her flounder around and fail because she can't steal your thunder anymore.

Source(s): You know the kinda people who cheated their way through school not only cheat their way through school but they also cheat their way through the workforce. It's irritating, isn't it?

That's life.........

I once worked in an office, where  one guy spent the entire day schmoozing,  running office pools,   hanging out by the water cooler gossiping all day......

but the second the boss entered  or left the office, he had the knack of looking like he was running the place, and would stop to brown the boss and compliment his tie or some ridiculous brown nosing move. 

I of course, was the one actually doing all the work,  at my desk, butt deep in paperwork ,  and quite good at my job. 

I don't have to tell you which one of us got the promotion and raise. 

That's how life works........

find a job somewhere else and let her twist in the wind

• martin

Leave out confronting her.  Talk to the boss who promoted her, or better yet, to that boss's boss.

Let it go and get used to it. This won't be the last time.

You must understand that it is your hard work and no one else is entitled to take credit for the work you do, let alone get promoted for a position you deserve in the first place. You need to try and channelise your fear by thinking of ways to successfully confront both your co-worker and boss and explain the situation. Do not let your hard work pay someone else. ‘Stress diaries’ a book written by Dr. Rachna Khanna Singh, has been helpful in such work-life situations.