Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Can i take a salon to court for chemically treating my hair without consent?

Hey ladies, I have curly hair and went to get a blow out. I get blow outs occasionally and it always turn out beautiful. But this time, I smelled a strong chemical smell as the woman was washing my hair.

The woman washing my hair started coughing and so did I, and my eyes were watering. I found out she put a relaxer perm, in my hair without asking me. Now my hair smells strong of chemicals and is bone straight no longer curly. I am extremely upset and my family thinks i should sue the salon.

Please give advice thank you.

A better place to post this may be Politics & Government/Law & Ethics. Also if you're in the US, laws vary from state to state.

You have to have 100% proof, with photos, you need witnesses, AND your receipt for the salon visit, as well. Otherwise, Your chances are 0.. You will end up paying all court costs, attorney fees. filing fees. It will cost you more to take her to court. I find it hard to believe, that a licensed hairdresser would make a huge mistake like that. Unless, someone mentioned PERM relaxer. Otherwise, I doubt she would risk her license to ruin your hair. Save your money, and never go  back there, again. If you don't have an attorney to sue the salon,  you should NOT represent yourself in a court of law. There is a saying...."Those who represent themselves in court, have a fool for a client". Like I said, without the proof, there is no case. 

• kelvin

you can sue if you can prove it happened

• Mark

You can sue for ANYTHING, but you might not win, especially if your hair didn't fall out.  If it didn't, she was doing you a favour.  I can't imagine that a "blow out" would be very comfortable, and with relaxers, you don't have to.  Plus, they only last I think about 6 weeks.