Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Why exactly is my laptop running so much smoother?

Today I cleaned my laptop and got rid of all the dust and dirt inside. I realized after playing a game that my Laptop isn't lagging and if it does it's rare! Usually when I game I get lag all the time but now even when I play 1440p games with other windows open, there's next to no lag? Surely cleaning my laptop inside and out could do this? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

your computer's fans were working harder since the fan's couldn't get the hot air out because of the dust and dirt inside. because they were struggling to push this hot air out your computer automatically slowed down the processor to prevent it from overheating. this is the cause of the lag you mentioned. 

by clearing the fans the processor and GPU can cool much better and thus your computer doesn't slow the processor down.

• 1 month ago

excess dust inside was causing excess heat buildup -- most likely

• 1 month ago

It's not overheating.    

• 1 month ago

Cleaning out the dirt and dust could have improved the air flow and raised the cooling inside the laptop. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ivan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Do you think it's because Old Joe was sworn in yesterday?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.