Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

How much of a difference will this SSD be?

Soon I will be upgrading my SSD from 120GB to 500GB. What will be the difference? After changing I will download more apps as I had to cut back because I ran out of space.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

a +380GB difference

• 1 month ago

It will take longer for your new SSD to get worn out.  Check the manufacturer's website for a utility program that will tell you how used up your SSD is.

The one I use is "Sandisk SSD Dashboard" and my SSD now has 92% life remaining.

I started using this SSD in July 2016.  So, if I am using 2% of its life every year, then I can keep using this SSD until... 2060-ish.  Yeah, not going to happen because something else will break on this computer first.

• 1 month ago

the new apps will run as quickly as the old ones.  other than that, you'll not notice any difference

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's currently very little difference between the standard SATA SSD's other than capacity.   If your computer requires a NVME type SSD the discussion gets a lot more complicated, but it's best to not get distracted with that unless it's a real option. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Difference in what? Space? 380GB more space. Speed? You probably won't see much improvement unless you use an NVMe SSD. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.